Amsterdam Cloud Hosting
Nikhef is an institute for fundamental research in the field of sub-atomic physics. As a not-for-profit, neutral and independent organization Nikhef has a long tradition in the development of the Internet. Nikhef remains committed to play a role in improving the infrastructure of the Internet.
Since 1996 Nikhef, together with SARA, has served as housing partner for the Amsterdam Internet Exchange (AMS-IX) and its members. Nowadays around 400 members connect to the AMS-IX at Nikhef, generating a substantial part of the total AMS-IX public peering traffic.
Nikhef houses one other Internet exchange: NL-IX. Various essential Internet services are also located at Nikhef: an any-cast K-root server from RIPE NCC, an F-root server from ISC and several country code TLD servers.
Amsterdam Datacenter Specifications
- Rack space in a 19" rack for router and auxiliary equipment
- Rack dimensions 46U: 60 x 90 x 220 cm (width x depth x height)
- Per rack a redundant 230V, 50 Hz, 16A power feed
- No-break system
- Overhead fiber cabling system
- Fire protection
- Closed circuit television system
- 24*7 entrance to building with customer-registration
- 24*7 security on site (campus)
- Intelligent hands and feet during regular working hours
- Additional services can be arranged e.g.
- out-of-band management
- cable connections for private peering
- note: connections from the Nikhef housing site to the other Sciencepark-sites, SARA and TeleCity, are managed by SARA and TeleCity respectively (see 'fees and contracts')
We get it, there's no one size fits all solution. We're proud to be the cornerstone of many companies that handle billions of transactions a day using our Infrastructure. With our flexible technology platform, network SDN and Anycast let's have a conversation to see if we can help accelerate your business.