Virginia Cloud Hosting
CoreSite's Northern Virginia data center offers close proximity to large telecommunications and Internet service providers as well as Washington Dulles International Airport.
This facility is tethered via dark fiber to our DC1 data center in Washington DC, providing even more connectivity with no loss of latency. Our diverse community of customers includes direct access to domestic and international carriers, CDNs, government agencies, enterprise companies, major universities and cloud computing and IT service providers.
VA1 features a variety of networks on-site, with direct-tethering connectivity to our DC1 facility where additional networks reside. The campus provides low-latency connectivity to other regional communication hubs in addition to our Open Cloud Exchange and the Any2Exchange® peering.
VA1 currently has more than 262,000 square feet of raised floor data center space; an expansion is planned in 2014 that will double the square footage of the current campus. This facility offers deployments from cabinets to dedicated private suites with high-density power configurations.
Virginia Datacenter Specifications
- Facility size - 262,000 square feet
- Deployments - Cabinets, cages, private suites and build-to-suit
- Power - AC and DC, Breakered and metered billing
- Fit out -Powered shell, infrastructured shell and turn-key
- Redundancy - 2N or N+1 UPS; N+1 generator
- Exchanges - CoreSite's Open Cloud Exchange, Any2Exchange, LINX Peering Exchange
- Diversity - Diverse POEs, MDFs and IDFs
- Cross connects - Fiber, copper, and coaxial with standard 2-day installation (faster emergency services available)
- Electrical - Dominion Virginia Power, Service from two (2) diverse DVP substations (Reston, Dulles), 72 hours of on-site fuel storage
- Key card access
- Biometric scanners
- Mantrap entries
- Perimeter and interior IP-DVR cameras
- 24x7x365 security guard monitoring
- Controlled site access
- Mechanical - N+1 campus cooling towers and chiller plant, N+1 in-room AHU, Water-side economization, Dual water sources backed by on-site wells
- SSAE 16 Type 2
- Provide the physical security necessary to meet regulatory compliance requirements such as HIPAA and FISMA
We get it, there's no one size fits all solution. We're proud to be the cornerstone of many companies that handle billions of transactions a day using our Infrastructure. With our flexible technology platform, network SDN and Anycast let's have a conversation to see if we can help accelerate your business.